The 2022 Annual Road Profile Users’ Group (RPUG) conference was held at the Saratoga Hilton Hotel in Saratoga, NY from April 25th to 28th, 2022.
The theme for the 2022 RPUG conference was “The Race To Better Data.”
- Link up with an industry veteran to be your RPUG tour guide
- Participate in the Virtual Orientation on Wednesday April 20th at 4 p.m. EST.
- Guide to finding the hotel and venue
- Ground transportation options from Albany airport
- Online resource to find transportation to and from Saratoga Springs, NY
- Saratoga Springs, NY tourism information
Health and COVID-related Links:
Who Should Attend
- Equipment Operators & Vendors
- Pavement Management Engineers
- Construction & Design Engineers
- Federal, State & Local Gov. Agencies
- Paving Contractors
- Data Collectors
- Equipment Manufacturers
- Tire Industry Professionals
Call for Presentations
RPUG encourages you to share the latest-&-pertinent topics in presentation form on the following topics:
- Network Pavement Surface Measurements under the FAST Act and DOT Data QA Plans
- Automated Pavement Condition Surveys, Evaluation, and Reporting
- Pavement Profile Measurement, Analysis, and Ride Quality
- Pavement Surface Texture
- Tire-Pavement Friction
- Tire-Pavement Noise
- 3-D Pavement Surface Measurement Technology
- Pavement Profile Quality Assurance (QA) and Reference Measurement
- Incentive/Disincentive Programs
- Real-time Surface Properties Measurement
- Influence of Surface Characteristics on Rolling Resistance and Vehicle and Tire Wear
- Jointed Concrete Pavements (JCP) Curvature and Impacts on Roughness
- National Data Collection Standards and Certification
- Impact of Ride Specifications on Construction Practices
Please submit a presentation abstract of 300 words or less in a one-page MS word document via the RPUG contact page using “Abstract for RPUG Presentation” as the subject line.
- Example abstract
- Instructions for speakers to prepare bios, presentations, and permission forms
- Presentation PPT template
- Speaker’s permission form.
- November 15, 2021- Call for Presentation Abstracts
- January 15, 2022 – Deadline for submitting abstracts of presentations
- February 15, 2022 – Notification of accepted titles/abstracts for presentations
- March 15, 2022 – Deadline for the early-bird registration
- March 15, 2022 – Deadline for the early-bird hotel reservation at the conference rates
- April 20, 2022 – Deadline for submission of presentations (including visual aids) & bios
- April 25-28, 2022 – RPUG conference
The following is the At-A-Glance agenda.
Download the detailed agenda here!
The meeting will be held at the Saratoga Hilton Hotel.
Address: 534 Broadway, Saratoga Springs, NY 12866
Hotel reservations can be made for the block of rooms RPUG has reserved no later than March 31, 2022. You can either click here
to register online or call (518) 584-4000 and ask for the RPUG conference group rate.
There are several options for travel from Albany Airport to Saratoga Springs. Most users have elected to use Uber, Lyft or Taxi. Public Transit buses also make this trip. Click here to reserve a bus on Trailways.com
Also, click here to view other public transport opportunities from Albany Airport. This service also can help you reserve travel between Albany and Sarasota Springs.
Thank you to our 2022 RPUG Meeting Sponsors:
A registration fee of USD $450 is required. A late registration fee of USD $500 may apply if passing the early-bird deadline.
Equipment vendors are invited to attend the meeting to exhibit their products. Exhibitor registration of USD $2,000 includes two participants.
You can register by either:
- Online registration, or
- Download the registration sheet and fill out the registration form on the last page. Then, Mail: (with payment) National Center for Pavement Preservation, 2857 Jolly Rd. Okemos, MI 48864.
Invitation Letters and VISA Requirements
If you are traveling from a foreign country to the US, please the US VISA requirements. Contact us if you need any assistance such as official RPUG invitation letters.
Continuing Education (CEU) Credits
We will also offer certificates of continuing education (CEU) credits to RPUG attendees upon request.
RPUG Navigator Program
New for 2022 is the RPUG Navigator Program, intended to help all RPUG meeting attendees feel welcomed and included, and promote a sense of community within the group.
Click here to learn more about the program
Click here to sign up for a RPUG veteran “tour guide” to take advantage of the program, or simply talk to anyone at the meeting with the Navigator logo on their badge.
- Registration, sponsorship opportunity, and CEU credits: Contact Patte Hahn of the National Center for Pavement Preservation at +1 (517) 432 8220 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Presentation/Moderating Sessions: Email Info@RPUG.org or use the RPUG contact page.