27 Years — Pavement Performance Above and Below the Surface
The 27th Annual Road Profile Users’ Group (RPUG) Meeting will be held at the Raleigh Marriott City Center Hotel in Raleigh, NC from November 2 – 5, 2015.
The Basic ProVAL Workshop will be on Thursday AM and the Advanced ProVAL workshop will be on Thursday PM.
Who Should Attend
- Equipment Operators & Vendors
- Pavement Management Engineers
- Construction & Design Engineers
- Federal, State & Local Gov. Agencies
- Paving Contractors
- Data Collectors
- Equipment Manufacturers
- Tire Industry Professionals
RPUG is seeking sponsors for this meeting at three different levels: Silver, Gold, and Platinum. You can help sponsoring RPUG during the registration process. For more information, please contact Patte Hahn of the National Center for Pavement Preservation at +1 (517) 432-8220 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brochure, Agenda, and Etc
- June 5, 2015 – Call for Presentations
- August 15, 2015 – Deadline for submitting abstracts of presentations
- September 15, 2015 – Notification of accepted titles/abstracts for presentations
- October 9, 2015 – Deadline for the early-bird registration
- October 9, 2015 – Deadline for the early-bird hotel reservation at the conference rates
- October 23, 2015 – Deadline for submission of presentations (including visual aids) & bios
- November 2-5 – RPUG conference
Call for Presentations
RPUG encourages you to share the latest-&-pertinent topics in presentation form on the following topics.
Network Pavement Surface Measurements Under MAP-21
Pavement Profile Measurement
Pavement Profile Analysis
Pavement Surface Texture
Automated Pavement Condition Surveys, Evaluation, and Reporting
3-D Pavement Surface Measurement Technology
Pavement Profile Quality Assurance (QA) and Reference Measurement
Real-time Surface Properties Measurement
Influence of Surface Characteristics on Rolling Resistance and Vehicle and Tire Wear
Road Roughness and Ride Comfort
National Data Collection Standards
- Example abstract
- Speakers’ instructions for presentation and bios (due on Oct. 23).
For presentations on structural properties – contact FWDUG at FWDUG.org
A registration fee of $350 is required, and registration after October 9, 2015 will be subject to the late registration fee of $400.
Equipment vendors are invited to attend the meeting to exhibit their products. Exhibitor registration of $1,500 includes two participants.
Sponsorship opportunities are also available (see above).
You can register by either:
- Online registration, or
- Download the brochure and fill out the registration form on the last page – then fax it to NCPP.
If you’ve signed up for the ProVAL workshops during the RPUG online registration process, please download the ProVAL workshop software from the following webpage and pre-install on their laptops prior to the workshop:
Equipment vendors are invited to attend the meeting to exhibit their products. Additional information:
- Exhibitor Agreement (coming up soon) and
- Shipping Instructions –Your Name, Guest (hotel address – coming up soon)
Hotel Reservation and Transportation
The meeting will be held at the Raleigh Marriott City Center Hotel:
500 Fayetteville St., Raleigh, NC 27601, US, Phone: (800) 228-9290.
Hotel reservations can be made for the block rates of $169/night no later than October 9, 2015, and use the code, “Michigan State University”. There are a small number of rooms available at the government per diem rate. If you are traveling on federal money, please ask for the government rate. You can register by either:
- Accessing the online hotel reservations, or
- Calling the Central Reservation +1 (800) 228-9290
Continuing Education (CEU) Credits
We will also offer certificates of continuing education (CEU) credits to RPUG attendees upon requests.
- Registration, sponsorship opportunity, and CEU cerdits: Contact Patte Hahn of the National Center for Pavement Preservation at (517) 432 8220 or email email@example.com.
- Presentation/Moderating Sessions: Email Info@RPUG.org or use the RPUG contact page. For presentations on structural properties – contact FWDUG at FWDUG.org
- ProVAL workshops: Contact Dr. George Chang of Transtec Group at +1 (512) 659 1231 or email GKChang@TheTranstecGroup.com.