28 Years – Pavement Performance Into The Future
The 28th Annual Road Profile Users’ Group (RPUG) Meeting will be held at the San Diego Marriott Mission Valley in San Diego, CA from November 1 – 4, 2016.
Who Should Attend
- Equipment Operators & Vendors
- Pavement Management Engineers
- Construction & Design Engineers
- Federal, State & Local Gov. Agencies
- Paving Contractors
- Data Collectors
- Equipment Manufacturers
- Tire Industry Professionals
RPUG is seeking sponsors for this meeting at three different levels: Silver, Gold, and Platinum. You can help sponsoring RPUG during the registration process. For more information, please contact Patte Hahn of the National Center for Pavement Preservation at +1 (517) 432-8220 or email email@example.com.
Brochure, Agenda, and Etc
- June 6, 2016 – Call for Presentations
- August 15, 2016 – Deadline for submitting abstracts of presentations
- September 19, 2016 – Notification of accepted titles/abstracts for presentations
- October 10, 2016 – Deadline for the early-bird registration
- October 10, 2016 – Deadline for the early-bird hotel reservation at the conference rates
- October 17, 2016 – Deadline for submission of presentations (including visual aids) & bios
- November 1-4 – RPUG conference
Call for Presentations
RPUG encourages you to share the latest-&-pertinent topics in presentation form on the following topics:
- Network Pavement Surface Measurements under FAST Act
- Pavement Profile Measurement
- Pavement Profile Analysis
- Pavement Surface Texture
- Tire-Pavement Friction
- Tire-Pavement Noise
- Automated Pavement Condition Surveys, Evaluation, and Reporting
- 3-D Pavement Surface Measurement Technology
- Pavement Profile Quality Assurance (QA) and Reference Measurement
- Incentive/Disincentive Programs
- Real-time Surface Properties Measurement
- Influence of Surface Characteristics on Rolling Resistance and Vehicle and Tire Wear
- Road Roughness and Ride Comfort
- National Data Collection Standards and Certification
- Impact of Ride Specifications on Construction Practices
Please submit a presentation abstract of 300 words or less in a one-page MS word document via the RPUG contact page using “Abstract for RPUG Presentation” as the subject line.
A registration fee of $400 is required, and registration after October 9, 2015 will be subject to the late registration fee of $450.
Equipment vendors are invited to attend the meeting to exhibit their products. Exhibitor registration of $1,750 includes two participants.
Sponsorship opportunities are also available at three levels: Silver ($1,500), Gold ($2,500), and Platinum ($3,500).
You can register by either:
- Online registration, or
- Download the brochure and fill out the registration form on the last page – then fax it to NCPP.
There will no ProVAL workshops offered this year.
Equipment vendors are invited to attend the meeting to exhibit their products. Additional information:
- Exhibitor Agreement (coming up soon) and
- Shipping Instructions –Your Name, Guest (hotel address – coming up soon)
Hotel Reservation and Transportation
The meeting will be held at the San Diego Marriott Mission Valley:
8757 Rio San Diego Dr., San Diego, CA 92108, US, Phone: +1 (619) 692-3800.
Hotel reservations can be made for the block rates of $169/night no later than October 10, 2016, and use the code, “Michigan State University,” October 31st to November 5th. There are a small number of rooms available at the government per diem rate. If you are traveling on federal money, please ask for the government rate. You can register by either:
- Accessing the online hotel reservations, or
- Calling the Central Reservation +1 (619) 692-3800
Check out the transportation advice!
Invitation Letters and VISA Requirements
If you are traveling from a foreign country to the US, you may need to double-check the new US VISA requirements. Contact us if you need any assistance such as official RPUG invitation letters.
Continuing Education (CEU) Credits
We will also offer certificates of continuing education (CEU) credits to RPUG attendees upon requests.
- Registration, sponsorship opportunity, and CEU credits: Contact Patte Hahn of the National Center for Pavement Preservation at (517) 432 8220 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Presentation/Moderating Sessions: Email Info@RPUG.org or use the RPUG contact page.