28 Years – Pavement Performance Into The Future
The 28th Annual Road Profile Users’ Group (RPUG) Meeting will be held at the San Diego Marriott Mission Valley in San Diego, CA from November 1 – 4, 2016.
Who Should Attend
- Equipment Operators & Vendors
- Pavement Management Engineers
- Construction & Design Engineers
- Federal, State & Local Gov. Agencies
- Paving Contractors
- Data Collectors
- Equipment Manufacturers
- Tire Industry Professionals
RPUG is seeking sponsors for this meeting at three different levels: Silver, Gold, and Platinum. You can help sponsoring RPUG during the registration process. For more information, please contact Patte Hahn of the National Center for Pavement Preservation at +1 (517) 432-8220 or email email@example.com.
Brochure, Agenda, and Etc
- June 6, 2016 – Call for Presentations
- August 15, 2016 – Deadline for submitting abstracts of presentations
- September 19, 2016 – Notification of accepted titles/abstracts for presentations
- October 10, 2016 – Deadline for the early-bird registration
- October 10, 2016 – Deadline for the early-bird hotel reservation at the conference rates
- October 17, 2016 – Deadline for submission of presentations (including visual aids) & bios
- November 1-4 – RPUG conference
Call for Presentations
RPUG encourages you to share the latest-&-pertinent topics in presentation form on the following topics:
- Network Pavement Surface Measurements under FAST Act
- Pavement Profile Measurement
- Pavement Profile Analysis
- Pavement Surface Texture
- Tire-Pavement Friction
- Tire-Pavement Noise
- Automated Pavement Condition Surveys, Evaluation, and Reporting
- 3-D Pavement Surface Measurement Technology
- Pavement Profile Quality Assurance (QA) and Reference Measurement
- Incentive/Disincentive Programs
- Real-time Surface Properties Measurement
- Influence of Surface Characteristics on Rolling Resistance and Vehicle and Tire Wear
- Road Roughness and Ride Comfort
- National Data Collection Standards and Certification
- Impact of Ride Specifications on Construction Practices
Please submit a presentation abstract of 300 words or less in a one-page MS word document via the RPUG contact page using “Abstract for RPUG Presentation” as the subject line.
A registration fee of $400 is required, and registration after October 9, 2015 will be subject to the late registration fee of $450.
Equipment vendors are invited to attend the meeting to exhibit their products. Exhibitor registration of $1,750 includes two participants.
Sponsorship opportunities are also available at three levels: Silver ($1,500), Gold ($2,500), and Platinum ($3,500).
You can register by either:
- Online registration, or
- Download the brochure and fill out the registration form on the last page – then fax it to NCPP.
There will no ProVAL workshops offered this year.
Equipment vendors are invited to attend the meeting to exhibit their products. Additional information:
- Exhibitor Agreement (coming up soon) and
- Shipping Instructions –Your Name, Guest (hotel address – coming up soon)
Hotel Reservation and Transportation
The meeting will be held at the San Diego Marriott Mission Valley:
8757 Rio San Diego Dr., San Diego, CA 92108, US, Phone: +1 (619) 692-3800.
Hotel reservations can be made for the block rates of $169/night no later than October 10, 2016, and use the code, “Michigan State University,” October 31st to November 5th. There are a small number of rooms available at the government per diem rate. If you are traveling on federal money, please ask for the government rate. You can register by either:
- Accessing the online hotel reservations, or
- Calling the Central Reservation +1 (619) 692-3800
Invitation Letters and VISA Requirements
Continuing Education (CEU) Credits
We will also offer certificates of continuing education (CEU) credits to RPUG attendees upon requests.
- Registration, sponsorship opportunity, and CEU credits: Contact Patte Hahn of the National Center for Pavement Preservation at (517) 432 8220 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Presentation/Moderating Sessions: Email Info@RPUG.org or use the RPUG contact page.