The 30th Annual Road Profile Users’ Group (RPUG) Meeting was held at the Best Western Ramkota Hotel in Rapid City, SD, USA from September 18 to 21, 2018.
The theme of RPUG 2018 is 30 Years On The Road To Progressively Better Data.
Speaker’s Presentation are posted!
More RPUG 2018 photos, videos are here.
Who Should Attend
- Equipment Operators & Vendors
- Pavement Management Engineers
- Construction & Design Engineers
- Federal, State & Local Gov. Agencies
- Paving Contractors
- Data Collectors
- Equipment Manufacturers
- Tire Industry Professionals
RPUG is seeking sponsors for this meeting at three different levels: Silver, Gold, and Platinum. You can help sponsoring RPUG during the registration process. For more information, please contact Patte Hahn of the National Center for Pavement Preservation at +1 (517) 432-8220 or email email@example.com.
The followings are non-financial co-sponsors:
- US TRB AFD90 Committee on Pavement Surface Properties and Vehicle Interaction
- US TRB AFD20 Pavement Monitoring and Evaluation
- US TRB AFK40 Surface Requirements of Asphalt Mixtures
Brochure, Agenda, and Speakers’ Info
- May 1, 2018 – Call for Presentations
- June 15, 2018 – Deadline for submitting abstracts of presentations
- July 15, 2018 – Notification of accepted titles/abstracts for presentations
- August 17, 2018 – Deadline for the early-bird registration
- August 17, 2018 – Deadline for the early-bird hotel reservation at the conference rates
- September 10, 2018 – Deadline for submission of presentations (including visual aids) & bios
Call for Presentations
RPUG encourages you to share the latest-&-pertinent topics in presentation form on the following topics:
- Network Pavement Surface Measurements under the FAST Act and DOT Data QA Plans
- Automated Pavement Condition Surveys, Evaluation, and Reporting
- Pavement Profile Measurement, Analysis and Ride Quality
- Pavement Surface Texture
- Tire-Pavement Friction
- Tire-Pavement Noise
- 3-D Pavement Surface Measurement Technology
- Pavement Profile Quality Assurance (QA) and Reference Measurement
- Incentive/Disincentive Programs
- Real-time Surface Properties Measurement
- Influence of Surface Characteristics on Rolling Resistance and Vehicle and Tire Wear
- Jointed Concrete Pavements (JCP) Curvature and Impacts on Roughness
- National Data Collection Standards and Certification
- Impact of Ride Specifications on Construction Practices
Please submit a presentation abstract of 300 words or less in a one-page MS word document via the RPUG contact page using “Abstract for RPUG Presentation” as the subject line.
- Example abstract
- Instructions for speakers to prepare bios, presentation, and permission form.
- Presentation PPT template.
- Speaker’s permission form.
A registration fee of USD $450 is required. Late registration fee of USD $500 may apply if passing the early-bird deadline.
Equipment vendors are invited to attend the meeting to exhibit their products. Exhibitor registration of USD $1,750 includes two participants.
Sponsorship opportunities are also available at three levels: Silver (USD $1,500), Gold (USD $2,500), and Platinum (USD $3,500).
You can register by either:
- Online registration, or
- Download the brochure and fill out the registration form on the last page – then fax it to NCPP.
Equipment vendors are invited to attend the meeting to exhibit their products. Additional information:
- Exhibitor Agreement and
- Shipping Instructions –Your Name, Guest
Hotel Reservation and Transportation
The meeting will be held at the Best Western Ramkota Hotel:
2111 N LaCrosse Street, Rapid City, SD, US, 57701, Phone +1 (605) 343-8550.
Hotel reservations can be made for the RPUG conference group rate ($89/night) no later than the cutoff date (August 17, 2018).
You can register by calling Phone +1 (605) 343-8550 and ask for the RPUG conference group rate.
Invitation Letters and VISA Requirements
If you are traveling from a foreign country to the US, you may need to double-check the new US VISA requirements. Contact us if you need any assistance such as official RPUG invitation letters.
Continuing Education (CEU) Credits
We will also offer certificates of continuing education (CEU) credits to RPUG attendees upon requests.
- Registration, sponsorship opportunity, and CEU credits: Contact Patte Hahn of the National Center for Pavement Preservation at +1 (517) 432 8220 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Presentation/Moderating Sessions: Email Info@RPUG.org or use the RPUG contact page.