Who We Are
RPUG stands for Road Profile Users’ Group. We are a non-profit organization. The offices and the principal place of business for RPUG is the National Center for Pavement Preservation, 2857 Jolly Road, Okemos, Michigan 48864.
The purpose of the RPUG is to serve as a forum for the exchange of information between end users, data collectors, vendors, construction and design engineers and researchers who have an interest in road profiles, road roughness/smoothness, pavement surface textures, friction, and tire-pavement noise.
RPUG is a source for knowledge and information on functional characteristics of traveled surfaces for public agencies, contractors, consultants, academia, and other relevant industries.
RPUG provides a forum for the dissemination of knowledge concerning the collection, analysis, and application of information relating to functional characteristics of traveled surfaces.
- Exchange ideas and information in an informal setting annually.
- Provide training in the areas of concentration.
- Provide a forum for the practitioners of the measurement systems.
- Provide a forum for the engineering service providers, contractors, vendors, and customers.
- Provide a forum for discussion of research.
- Focus on the latest initiatives in the group’s areas of interest.
- Create and maintain a network of personal and professional relationships.